Learn to bake at home in 14 days
What is BakeSchool: Basics?
BakeSchool: Basics is a 14-day eCourse where you will learn the basics of baking in a fun and engaging way – all from your own home kitchen.
This course will reconnect you with baking from scratch and emphasise the importance of using our hands to create something not only delicious, but ready to share with someone in need of a little connection and care (and who of us doesn’t need that at the moment!)
Guided by Anneka Manning and her 30 years of baking experience, this course will cover ingredients, equipment and two simple mixing methods, and is packed full of hints, tips and tricks to make baking easy, more successful and therefore, much more fun!
Through this course you will learn how baking can be a wonderful grounding and calming exercise that can help to reduce anxiety and stress, while providing enjoyment and a little respite from the current worldwide situation.
- Are you stuck in self-isolation and keen to learn a new skill?
- Are you looking for a valuable and fun activity to do with children now that they're spending more time at home (while teaching them life-long skills)?
- Would you love to bake from scratch and stop relying on store-bought baked goods?
- Would you like to partake in a daily exercise that will help you practise mindfulness?
- Have you perhaps never considered yourself to be a particularly good baker but would like to give it another go and see if baking is for you?
If any of these sound like you, then BakeSchool: Basics is the course for you!
- This course is, quite simply, suitable for everyone, but it is aimed at beginners.
- As this course is completed online, it is suitable for students from all over the world.
There is the option to connect with other bakers via Instagram using #bakeschoolbasics to share your experience and move through the course together, supporting each other as your confidence and skills grow
- 14 downloadable course modules which will include invaluable information sheets, videos, recipes, checklists and infographics.
- Baking advice and inspiration from Anneka Manning.
- A thorough understanding of the basics of baking and how to use them to ensure baking success.
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home – and the inspiration to get into the kitchen and get baking!
– Ellie Hynd (Baking Foundations online course student)
"I have come away feeling not only more confident but have also found an even greater appreciation for the wonderful world of baking ... Anneka, you really have created something quite special with this course. It has a perfect mix of practical and theoretical work that really go hand in hand with each module. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us all."
– Amy Minichiello (The Science of Baking online course student)
Baking Foundations is proudly supported by:
Anneka Manning is an author, food editor, cooking teacher, home economist and the founder of BakeClub. With over 30 years' experience, she specialises in teaching the ‘why’ behind the ‘how’ of baking, giving home cooks the know-how, understanding and skill to bake with confidence and success, every time.