BakeSchool: Cakes for Beginners 12th – 26th February 2021
The ultimate online course
Learn all there is to know about making the cake you want to bake, eat and share – right from your very own kitchen!
BakeSchool: Cakes for Beginners is a fun and informative 2-week online course where you will learn a range of foolproof recipes and practical tips you need to bake, ice and decorate delicious – and impressive – cakes.
This course is made up of a combination of a virtual live demonstration (which will be recorded so you can watch it again or in your own time) and printable recipe and information sheets that you can study at your own pace ensuring that you gain the confidence and skill to bake your own beautiful cakes at home.
Anneka Manning will guide you through the course and share her more than 30 years of baking experience, knowledge and research, as well as all of her handy tips and tricks. You will also have access to a closed Facebook group where you will be able to ask Anneka any questions that arise and be able to troubleshoot while you practise your cake baking throughout the 2-week course.
At the end of this course, you will walk away with a repertoire of reliable recipes that will become your go-to bakes be it for a special afternoon tea, a casual weekend picnic or the school cake stall.
So, join us and say goodbye to store-bought and packet cakes forever!
How will the course work?
This course is made up of 3 key components:
During the live session, Anneka will demonstrate a chosen cake recipe and you will have the opportunity to bake along with her in real time. This session will be recorded so you can look back at it as often as you like or watch it in your own time if you happen to miss it.
2. Recipes and resources:
3. Closed Facebook Group:
This course is, quite simply, suitable for everyone. As this course is completed online, it is suitable for students from all over the world.
Please note: the live component of this class will take place in Australian Eastern Daylight Time (UTC+11:00).
So, is BakeSchool: Cakes for Beginners for me?
- Have you always wanted to bake your own beautiful cakes at home from scratch
- Do you have more time on your hands at the moment and keen to learn something new?
- Would you love to join Anneka live (virtually) in her own kitchen and receive direct feedback and advice from her?
- Are you interested in meeting other like-minded people and sharing your love of baking?
If any of these sound like you, then this course is the one for you!
What will I get?
- A virtual live baking demonstration (which will take place on Zoom and will be recorded) where you will learn and bake along with Anneka Manning
- Access to a closed Facebook group where you will be able to ask Anneka any questions that come up during the course, as well as personal and timely baking advice, guidance and inspiration
- A chance to learn about baking your own beautiful cakes surrounded (virtually) by like-minded people
- A thorough understanding of the cake-baking process and how to apply what you’ve learnt to be able to troubleshoot in the future and ensure baking success
- Invaluable printable information sheets and recipes
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home
How will I get the most out of this course?
If you are not a Facebook user, or you’re apprehensive about joining the group, the course can still be completed without being a member however we do find that our students will get more from the course if they do participate. The more you get involved with the group and share your experiences, the more value it will add to your experience.
Anneka Manning is an author, food editor, cooking teacher, home economist and the founder of BakeClub. With over 30 years' experience, she specialises in teaching the ‘why’ behind the ‘how’ of baking, giving home cooks the know-how, understanding and skill to bake with confidence and success, every time.