This is a free "taster" of our Baking Foundations online course – a fabulous introduction to our online courses as well as to the foundations of baking.
On enrolment, you will have access to Modules 1 and 2 of Baking Foundations.
To find out more about Baking Foundations, please see below or CLICK HERE.
What is Baking Foundations?
With Anneka Manning as your guide, you will learn the essentials of baking in a logical, fun and engaging way. Full of tips, tricks and relevant information – suited to the way we bake today – this course will teach you that success in baking always comes back to the foundations.
Learning in your own kitchen at your own pace, Anneka will help and encourage you along the way. The course will cover basic ingredients, equipment and mixing methods, exploring all the little things that you may never have been taught.
Made up of info sheets, videos, recipes, checklists and infographics, the course material will be delivered in six modules which you can study and enjoy at your own pace.
At the end of this course, you will walk away with all the skills, knowledge and inspiration you need to bake at home with confidence and success!
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is, quite simply, suitable for bakers of all skill levels!
- Beginners who want to start their baking journey and set strong foundations for their baking forever;
- Intermediate bakers who would like to strengthen and improve their basic skills and extend their knowledge;
- And experienced, more competent cooks, who would like to fill in all the baking "gaps" and learn things you may never have been taught (you don't know what you don't know, right?)
As this course is completed online, it is suitable for students from all over the world.
Please note: Baking Foundations is an extended version of our Baking Basics online course so we do not recommend it to those who have already completed Baking Basics.
So, is Baking Foundations for me?
- Would you like to extend, strengthen and improve your baking skills?
- Would you love to learn from Anneka but can't physically get to one of her face-to-face workshops or classes?
- Have you perhaps never considered yourself to be a particularly good baker but you would like to give it a go and see if baking is for you?
- Would you like to have a little taste of BakeClub?
- If any of these sound like you, then Baking Foundations is the course for you!
If any of these sound like you, then Baking Foundations is the course for you!
"Anneka is so knowledgable, you find out so much! I wasn't sure how an online baking course would work but I think you do a fabulous job and it works really well. I really enjoyed the variety of recipes we got to cook and it was very interesting to see how they tied into each lesson. I would recommend Baking Foundations!" - Sue-Anne, Sydney
What will I get?
- Six downloadable course modules which will include invaluable information sheets, videos, recipes, checklists, infographics and much more to support and inspire your learning.
- Baking advice, guidance and inspiration from Anneka Manning.
- A thorough understanding of the basics of baking and how to use them to ensure baking success.
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online group.
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home – and the inspiration to get into the kitchen and get baking.
There is the option to connect with other bakers via Facebook through BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table membership group and via Instagram using #bakingfoundations. This way you can share your experience and support each other as your confidence and skills grow.
"The course was great. I have not had that much fun in ages, not because I live a boring life but because I learnt genuine skills and gained confidence in baking that I did not expect. When I come back to the Module 1 question, "Why do I bake?", I can now sincerely respond: I bake for my family successfully but also for me as I get great enjoyment from my skills!" - Nicole, Newcastle
Each module will include a combination of baking theory and practical exercises. Fun and engaging tasks will help you put into practise what you have learnt while Anneka's fail-safe recipes will inspire you to roll up your sleeves and get baking!
Module 1: Why Do We Bake?
The first module will explore why we bake (or why we should bake!) including the benefits that reach far beyond the kitchen walls. We will take a look at the ‘nasties’ that you will be able to avoid through your home baking, share personal stories and understand that baking is actually all about connecting.
Module 2: The Secrets to Baking Success
During the second module, you will discover the 10 most important things to do before you start baking to ensure you will be on the most efficient road to baking success. You will also learn how to measure accurately and how to get the most from your recipes.
Module 3: The Measure and Mix Method
The third module will explore the Measure and Mix Method – the perfect starting place if you are new to baking or just want to rebuild your baking skills from the ground up.
Module 4: The Baker’s Pantry
The fourth module is all about understanding the basic ingredients most commonly used in baking. Essential to becoming a good baker, you will learn how to use these ingredients to get the most out of them, creating the ultimate baker’s pantry so that you are well equipped for whenever you want to bake.
Module 5: The Measure and Beat Method
In our fifth module, you will learn the Measure and Beat Method. No-fuss, simple and quick, this method requires an electric mixer and is used for recipes with a high proportion of butter and sugar. Why? We’ll answer that during this module where you will also learn how to make the most out of recipes using this method.
Module 6: The Baker’s Kit
Having a carefully selected collection of utensils and equipment will do a lot for your baking confidence and success. Our final module will include a comprehensive guide to oven settings, mixing tools and essential bakeware.
Baking Foundations is proudly supported by:
Anneka Manning is an author, food editor, cooking teacher, home economist and the founder of BakeClub. With over 30 years' experience, she specialises in teaching the ‘why’ behind the ‘how’ of baking, giving home cooks the know-how, understanding and skill to bake with confidence and success, every time.