Cakes 30th July - 13th August 2021
The ultimate online course
Learn all there is to know about making the cake you want to bake, eat and share – right in your very own kitchen!
Cakes is a fun and informative 2-week online course where you will learn a range of foolproof recipes and countless practical tips giving you everything you need to bake, ice and decorate delicious – and impressive – cakes.
This course is made up of a combination of a virtual live demonstration (which will be recorded so you can watch it again or in your own time) and printable recipe and information sheets that you can study at your own pace ensuring that you gain the confidence and skill to bake your own beautiful cakes at home.
Anneka Manning will guide you through the course and share her more than 30 years of baking experience, knowledge and research, as well as all of her handy tips and tricks. You will also have access to a closed Facebook group where you will be able to ask Anneka any questions that arise and be able to troubleshoot while you practise your cake baking throughout the 2-week course.
At the end of this course, you will walk away with a repertoire of reliable recipes that will become your go-to bakes be it for a special afternoon tea, a casual weekend picnic or the school cake stall.
So, join us and say goodbye to store-bought and packet cakes forever!
We will only be accepting a maximum of 30 bakers for this course so that Anneka can answer your baking questions during the live session and provide personal feedback via the Facebook page throughout the course.
How will the course work?
This course is made up of 3 key components:
2. Recipes and resources:
3. Closed Facebook Group:
This course is suitable for everyone from absolute beginners through to experienced bakers. As this course is completed online, it is available to students from all over the world.
Please note: the live component of this class will take place in Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC+10:00).
So, is Cakes for me?
- Have you always wanted to bake your own beautiful cakes at home from scratch?
- Would you like to learn a new technique and expand your baking skills?
- Would you love to join Anneka live (virtually) in her own kitchen and receive direct feedback and advice from her?
- Are you interested in meeting other like-minded people and sharing your love of baking?
If any of these sound like you, then this course is the one for you!
What will I get?
- A 2.5-hour virtual live baking demonstration (which will take place on Zoom and will be recorded) where you will learn and bake along with Anneka Manning
- Access to a closed Facebook group where you will be able to ask Anneka any questions that come up during the course, as well as personal and timely baking advice, guidance and inspiration
- A chance to learn about baking your own beautiful cakes surrounded (virtually) by like-minded people
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online grou
- A thorough understanding of the cake-baking process and how to apply what you’ve learnt to be able to troubleshoot in the future and ensure baking success
- Invaluable printable information sheets and recipes
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home
How will I get the most out of this course?
To get the most out of this course, you need to set aside the time to attend the live session with Anneka, read the support material supplied and practise your baking over the duration of the course. The live session will be recorded so it will be available to watch at any time if you are unable to attend. However, we do recommend baking along to get the most out of the course.
Anneka Manning is an author, food editor, cooking teacher, home economist and the founder of BakeClub. With over 30 years' experience, she specialises in teaching the ‘why’ behind the ‘how’ of baking, giving home cooks the know-how, understanding and skill to bake with confidence and success, every time.