Bake along with Anneka Manning
Master the art of making delicate puff pastry in this accessible and informative self-paced online baking course!
We highly recommend that you complete our self-paced Shortcrust Pastry online course before taking part in this course. If you book our 3 pastry courses together (including this course, Shortcrust Pastry and Leavened Puff Pastry), you can save 15% with our special bundle deal.
CLICK HERE to book the 3-course bundle.
"Not only did I get what I expected out of the course, but I got so much more ... Hands on is the best way to learn. The tips and skills you learn ... are so helpful and instructive. Who thought making puff pastry could be so relaxing and rewarding at the same time?" – Mary, Sydney
Master the art of making delicate puff pastry – right in your very own kitchen!
Puff Pastry is an informative and accessible online baking course where you will learn all there is to know about making puff pastry (also known as mille feuilles) – all from your very own kitchen.
Anneka Manning will take you through the process and share her more than 30 years of baking experience, knowledge and research, as well as all of her practical and handy tips and tricks.
The course includes a 3-hour masterclass pre-recorded video (which was recorded as a Live Session earlier this year), which enables you to take part in this course entirely at your own pace. Not only does the video include full step-by-step instructions for making puff pastry from scratch and Cinnamon Palmiers, but you will have the ability to bake along in your own time and have access to all the questions that were answered during the session.
This virtual masterclass is supported by printable recipes and resources that you can study at your own pace ensuring that you gain the confidence and skill to bake your own delicious puff at home. Anneka also shares some of her tried-and-tested recipes from Lamb and Harissa Sausage Rolls and impressive Mushroom and Leek Pithiviers to Apple and Raisin Turnovers and a classic Vanilla Slice.
At the end of this course, you will walk away with all the knowledge, skill and confidence you need to be able to bake your own divine puff pastry at home and never rely on store-bought pastry again.
Please note: The video included in this course is a pre-recorded 3-hour video of a Live Session that took place earlier this year.
If you're interested in joining a future LIVE class and would like to be notified when new dates are released, please click here to fill in your details.
"There is no comparison between commercially made and homemade puff pastry. What seems so exotic and unattainable is made absolutely possible by Anneka's expert and easily mastered explanation and demonstration and support. Do the course and access a whole range of recipes you have always lusted over but thought you had to be a qualified pastry chef to attempt. You will be that pastry chef!" – Irene, New South Wales
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at intermediate to experienced bakers. We highly recommend that you complete our Shortcrust Pastry online course before taking part in this course.
- A 3-hour pre-recorded masterclass video where you can bake along with Anneka Manning through the process of making your own puff pastry and Cinnamon Palmiers
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online group
- Access to Anneka's baking experience and knowledge through The Kitchen Table and the ability to ask any baking-related questions
- A thorough understanding of how to make puff pastry and how to apply what you’ve learnt to be able to troubleshoot in the future and ensure baking success
- Invaluable printable information sheets and recipes
- Lifetime access to the live video and course material
- A chance to (virtually) meet like-minded people and share your baking with The Kitchen Table online group
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home
- The basics of laminated pastries
- Laminating techniques
- How the puff is created
- How to shape and incorporate your butter
- Making puff pastry in advance
- Making your dough in a food processor
- Recipes included: Cinnamon Palmiers, Apple and Raisin Turnovers, Lamb and Harissa Sausage Rolls, Vanilla Slice, Eggplant Galette with Roasted Capsicum and Walnut Sauce, White Peach and Basil Mille Feuille, and Mushroom and Leek Pithiviers
How does a self-paced course work?
This online course is completely self-guided. Upon enrolment, you will gain access to the course content which you can work through at your own pace. You can log on whenever it is convenient for you and watch the video and bake the recipes entirely in your own time. You will have lifetime access to all the recipes, videos and printable information sheets.
There is the option to connect with Anneka and other bakers via Facebook through BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table membership groups. This way you can share your experience and support each other as your confidence and skills grow.
"I was always intrigued by homemade puff pastry but was always a little unsure of how to go about it. It seemed such a daunting kitchen task to overcome! The course gave me the confidence and showed me that it’s not that hard after all. I loved the virtual hands on class ... to be able to watch Anneka online was wonderful ... she is a wonderfully generous teacher!"
– Amy, Victoria
Anneka Manning is an author, food editor, cooking teacher, home economist and the founder of BakeClub. With over 30 years' experience, she specialises in teaching the ‘why’ behind the ‘how’ of baking, giving home cooks the know-how, understanding and skill to bake with confidence and success, every time.