Shortcrust Pastry 13th - 27th August 2021
The ultimate online course
– Vanessa Matthews, South Australia
Uncover the secrets to perfect shortcrust pastry – right in your very own kitchen!
Shortcrust Pastry is a fun and accessible 2-week online course where you will learn the art of making your own melt-in-the-mouth pastry – all from your very own kitchen.
We will only be accepting a maximum of 30 bakers for this course so that Anneka can answer your baking questions during the live session and provide personal feedback via the Facebook page throughout the course.
How will the course work?
This course is made up of 3 key components:
1. Live demonstration:
The live component of this course will take place on Saturday 14th August at 10.00am-12.30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC+10:00) via Zoom.
During the live session, Anneka will demonstrate the process of making shortcrust pastry and you will have the opportunity to bake along with her and use your pastry to make a delicious tart. This session will be recorded so you can look back at it as often as you like or watch it in your own time if you happen to miss it.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is, quite simply, suitable for everyone. As this course is completed online, it is available to students from all over the world.
- Have you always wanted to master the art of making your own shortcrust pastry from scratch?
- Would you like to learn a new technique and expand your baking skills?
- Would you love to join Anneka live (virtually) in her own kitchen and receive direct feedback and advice from her?
- Are you interested in meeting other like-minded people and sharing your love of baking?
If any of these sound like you, then this course is the one for you!
What will I get?
- A 2.5-hour virtual live baking demonstration (which will take place on Zoom and will be recorded) where you will learn and bake along with Anneka Manning through the process of making your own shortcrust pastry
- Access to a closed Facebook group where you will be able to ask Anneka any questions that come up during the course, as well as personal and timely baking advice, guidance and inspiration
- A chance to learn about making your own shortcrust pastry surrounded (virtually) by like-minded people
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online group
- A thorough understanding of the pastry process and how to apply what you’ve learnt to be able to troubleshoot in the future and ensure baking success
- Invaluable printable information sheets and recipe
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home
To get the most out of this course, you need to set aside the time to attend the live session with Anneka, read the support material supplied and practise your baking over the duration of the course. The live session will be recorded so it will be available to watch at any time if you are unable to attend. However, we do recommend baking along to get the most out of the course. We do understand that life sometimes gets in the way so the content and live session video recording will be available for 6 months after the completion of the course. However, access to Anneka via the Facebook group will only be available to students for the duration of the course.
What if the dates don't suit me? Can I still enrol in the course?
If the dates of the course don't work for you, you can still enrol and take part in the course in your own time. While you may miss out on the Live Session, it will be recorded and will be available to watch for 6 months after the end of the course. The course material, including all of the resources and recipes, will also be available to you for 6 months. You will be able to access the closed Facebook group but it is only open for questions and feedback for the duration of the course.
Do I have to use Facebook to take part in the course?
An important part of this course is the closed Facebook group which allows you to share your experience, receive timely support and generally communicate with Anneka and the other students. If you are not a Facebook user, or you’re apprehensive about joining the group, the course can still be completed without being a member however we do find that our students will get more from the course if they do participate. The more you get involved with the group and share your experiences, the more value it will add to your experience.
Anneka Manning is an author, food editor, cooking teacher, home economist and the founder of BakeClub. With over 30 years' experience, she specialises in teaching the ‘why’ behind the ‘how’ of baking, giving home cooks the know-how, understanding and skill to bake with confidence and success, every time.