The ultimate online course
"Sponges have always terrified me. I knew there was a method that I was not doing, so was great to get this info. This is a great online course ... Loved it!" – Cath OSullivan, Perth
Discover the secrets to super light sponges – in your own time!
Sponges is an online course that will have you whipping up your own light and fluffy sponge cakes – in your own time, at your own pace – all from your own home kitchen!
Made up of a combination of demonstration videos, printable recipes and invaluable information sheets that you can study at your own pace, this fun and accessible course will teach you everything you need to know to conquer your fear of these gorgeous, classic cakes at home.
Guided by Anneka Manning, she will share her more than 30 years of baking experience, knowledge and research, as well as her practical and handy tips and tricks.
At the end of this course, you will walk away with fail-safe recipes, techniques and confidence you need to bake a gorgeous sponge whenever the mood takes you!
So, is Sponges for me?
- Have you always wanted to bake your own golden, light sponge cakes at home?
- Would you like to learn a new technique and expand your baking skills?
- Would you like to be guided and inspired by Anneka's 30+ years of baking experience in your own kitchen?
- Do you have more time on your hands at the moment and keen to learn a new skill?
- Four downloadable modules which will take you through the complete process of making your own sponges
- Invaluable printable information sheets and recipes
- A thorough understanding of the sponge-baking process and how to apply what you’ve learnt to be able to troubleshoot in the future and ensure baking success
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online group
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home
- Classic Hot Milk Sponge
- Raspberry Swiss Roll
- Powder Puffs
- Lemon Chiffon Cake
- Sponge Fingers
- Coffee & Almond Genoise (Gateau Moka)
- Elderflower Gin Sponge
Anneka Manning is an author, food editor, cooking teacher, home economist and the founder of BakeClub. With over 30 years' experience, she specialises in teaching the ‘why’ behind the ‘how’ of baking, giving home cooks the know-how, understanding and skill to bake with confidence and success, every time.