In your own time
"I totally enjoyed this value for money course which has renewed my love of baking. The recipes were fantastic and I will definitely be baking more from now on, utilising my newly acquired skills. This was a perfect course for me. Just Do It. You won’t look back." –
Marlene Davies, Victoria
Learn to bake at home – in your own time!
Baking Basics is a fun and engaging online course where you will learn the basics of baking – in your own time, at your own pace – all from your own home kitchen!
This course will reconnect you with baking from scratch and emphasise the importance of using our hands to create something not only delicious but ready to share with someone in need of a little connection and care. Through this course, you will learn how baking can be a wonderful grounding and calming exercise that can help to reduce anxiety and stress, while providing endless enjoyment.
Guided by Anneka Manning and her more than 30 years of baking experience, this course will cover ingredients, equipment and two simple mixing methods, and is packed full of hints, tips and tricks to make baking easy, more successful and therefore, much more fun!
- Would you love to bake from scratch and not rely on store-bought baked goods?
- Would you like to partake in a daily exercise that will help you practise mindfulness?
- Have you perhaps never considered yourself to be a particularly good baker but would like to give it another go and see if baking is for you?
- Are you keen to learn something new?
- Are you looking for a valuable and fun activity to do with children (while teaching them life-long skills)?
If any of these sound like you, then Baking Basics is the course for you!
You can take 14 days or more to complete the course – it's up to you how quickly you want to work through the content. You will have lifetime access to all the recipes, videos and printable information sheets so you can dip in and out of it whenever it suits you.
There is the option to connect with other bakers via Facebook through BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table membership group and via Instagram using #bakeschoolbasics. This way you can share your experience and support each other as your confidence and skills grow.
- 14 downloadable course modules which will include invaluable information sheets, videos, recipes, checklists and infographics.
- Baking advice and inspiration from Anneka Manning.
- A thorough understanding of the basics of baking and how to use them to ensure baking success.
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online group
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home – and the inspiration to get into the kitchen and get baking!
- The Secrets to Baking Success
- Preparing Your Cake Tins
- The Measure & Mix Method
- The 10 Essential Baking Ingredients
- All About Eggs
- All About Butter
- The Measure & Beat Method
- The Top 10 Essential Baking Tools
- Understanding Your Oven
- Mixing Tools
- Melt & Mix Coconut Chocolate Cake
- Honied Muesli Bars
- Carrot & Parsnip Picnic Loaf
- Classic Walnut Brownies
- Pecan & Cinnamon Oat Biscuits
- Mini Baked Jam Doughnuts
- White Chocolate Butterfly Cakes
- Cherry & Almond Friands
- Zebra Cake
- Easy Vanilla Cake
- Zucchini, Parmesan & Basil Muffins
- Mixed Seed & Fig Crackers
- Rhubarb Sour Cream Crumble Cake
"I have never done a cooking course online before and now I would highly recommend it! Though I’ve been baking for a long time I’ve actually never been taught the basics. It was great to start from the beginning and this has improved my baking. You will pick up lots of tips and the recipes are divine. I really enjoyed the course." – Vanessa Hasler, Melbourne
Baking Basics is proudly supported by:
Anneka Manning is an author, food editor, cooking teacher, home economist and the founder of BakeClub. With over 30 years' experience, she specialises in teaching the ‘why’ behind the ‘how’ of baking, giving home cooks the know-how, understanding and skill to bake with confidence and success, every time.