In your own time
"I really enjoyed the journey of making sourdough from the starter, to the different feedings and the proving process. It has given me a different appreciation of this delicious bread! Anneka has a wealth of baking knowledge. As always, so professional and fun! I got all I expected from this course." – Corina Benjamin, Sydney
Sourdough is an in-depth online course where you will learn everything there is to know about making and baking your own artisan sourdough bread – in your own time, at your own pace – all from your own home kitchen!
Made up of a combination of demonstration videos, printable recipe and invaluable information sheets that you can study at your own pace, this online course will take you through the entire process from making and maintaining your own sourdough starter through to proving, kneading, shaping, baking and even storing your bread.
Guided by Anneka Manning, she will share her more than 30 years of baking experience, knowledge and research, as well as all of her practical and handy tips and tricks.
At the end of this course, you will walk away with all the knowledge, skill and confidence you need to be able to bake your own delicious sourdough bread at home.
"I would recommend this course as an excellent introduction to baking sourdough bread with experience that could not be gleaned from just reading a recipe." – Sheila Zanyk, Canada
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is, quite simply, suitable for everyone, but it is aimed at intermediate to experienced bakers. As this course is completed online, it is suitable for students from all over the world.
How does a self-guided course work?
This online course is completely self-led and self-paced. Upon enrolment, you will gain access to the course content which you can work through at your own pace. You can log on whenever it is convenient for you and complete the modules one day at a time.
You can take as long as you need to complete the course – it's up to you how quickly you want to work through the content. You will have lifetime access to all the videos, recipes and and printable information sheets so you can dip in and out of it whenever it suits you.
There is the option to connect with other bakers via Facebook through BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table membership group and via Instagram using #bakeschoolsourdough. This way you can share your experience and support each other as your confidence and skills grow.
"I have tried making sourdough in the past, but never had consistent results. This course is a great way to start your sourdough baking journey and gives you a solid foundation to work from." – Su Shearer, Victoria
- Would you like to master the technique of making your own sourdough bread from scratch?
- Would you love to learn from Anneka but can't physically get to one of her face-to-face workshops or classes?
- Do you have more time on your hands at the moment and keen to learn a new skill?
Would you like to have a little taste of BakeClub?
- Four downloadable modules which will take you through the complete process of making your own sourdough
- Invaluable printable information sheets and recipes
- A thorough understanding of the sourdough process and how to apply what you’ve learnt to be able to troubleshoot in the future and ensure baking success
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online group
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home
- What a sourdough starter is
- How to make your own sourdough starter
- How to feed, maintain, store and get the most from your sourdough starter
- What a levain or pre-frement is
- Key ingredients and equipment needed to make great sourdough bread
- What is the most ideal way to knead and prove your sourdough
- Using proving baskets and how to shape your sourdough without them
- The secret to a crunchy crust and chewy texture (like the artisan ones you buy!)
"Anneka is a great teacher and has lots of knowledge. Sourdough baking is a great addition to my life." – Jenny Hayley, Victoria
Anneka Manning is an author, food editor, cooking teacher, home economist and the founder of BakeClub. With over 30 years' experience, she specialises in teaching the ‘why’ behind the ‘how’ of baking, giving home cooks the know-how, understanding and skill to bake with confidence and success, every time.